Who are Reading Partners?
Reading partners could be:
- other interested individuals
What do Reading Partners do?
- Assist child in learning to read
- Encourage child to actively engage and focus attention on reading from the screen
- Assist the child when she/he is confused, frustrated, not clear, or intimated by the reading content
- Encourage, engage, and motivate child to read
- Foster the child's self esteem
Assist the child by using various strategies when he/she has difficulties with:
- reading comprehension
- reading fluency